This is a typical example of the rules for the annual show:
All entries will be accepted between 10am and 12 noon on the day of the show. In exceptional circumstances entries will be accepted on Friday evening but phone Christine in advance on 814177.
- Any work shown must be the sole work of the exhibitor, or grown by the exhibitor.
- Any number of exhibits can be entered by the competitor.
- Only one prize will be awarded in any class in which there are three entries or less. If there are three entries or less the decision whether to give a prize, or which prize to give will be left to the judge.
- A FIRST PRIZE IS NOT COMPULSORY.
- Auction at 4:00 pm; any item not taken by this time is liable to be sold.
- An entry fee will be charged for each exhibit: Adults 20p and children 10p.
- Children’s prizes will be first 40p, second 30p and third 20p.
The Joseph Oldfield Cup will be awarded to the Over Haddon resident with the most points in the show in sections A to E.
The Womens Institute Cup will be awarded to the Over Haddon resident with the most points in the show in sections B, D & E.
The Junior Cup will be awarded to the competitor gaining the most points in sections F, G, H, I & K (children).
A Special Prize will be awarded to the 10 & Under competitor with the most points in Section F.
A Special Prize will be awarded to the 11 & Over competitor with the most points in Section G.
There will be Special Prizes awarded to the competitor gaining the most first places in section A; Sections B & D combined; and Section K
See the Over Haddon Village Show Schedule for this year’s showing tips.
Donations of any extra baking for refreshments gratefully received