All entries will be accepted between 10am and 12 noon on the day of the show. In exceptional circumstances entries will be accepted on Friday evening but phone Trish in advance on 813759.
- Any work shown must be the sole work of the exhibitor, or grown by the exhibitor.
- Any number of exhibits can be entered by the competitor.
- Only one prize will be awarded in any class in which there are three entries or less. If there are three entries or less the decision whether to give a prize, or which prize to give will be left to the judge.
- A FIRST PRIZE IS NOT COMPULSORY.
- Except in classes 11 and 12, NO exhibits are to have been shown at a previous Over Haddon show.
- Auction at 4:00 pm; any item not taken by this time is liable to be sold.
- An entry fee will be charged for each exhibit: Adults 20p and children 10p.
- Children’s prizes will be first 40p, second 30p and third 20p.
The Joseph Oldfield Cup will be awarded to the Over Haddon resident with the most points in the show in sections A to E.
The Womens Institute Cup will be awarded to the Over Haddon resident with the most points in the show in sections B, C & E.
The Junior Cup will be awarded to the competitor gaining the most points in sections G, H, I & K (children).
A Special Prize will be awarded to the pre-school competitor with the most points in section F.
There will be Special Prizes awarded to the competitor gaining the most first places in section A; Sections B & C combined; and Section K
Donations of any extra baking for refreshments gratefully received
SECTION A: VEGETABLES AND FLOWERS
3 Onions – From Seed; Have roots on etc.
3 Onions – Set Dressed; Cleaned up. Tie top down with cotton, clean bottoms with sandpaper
5 shallots, clean up, tie tops bent over with cotton, clean bottoms with sandpaper. Place them on a plate covered with sand neatly set out. Try to choose shallots of even shape
SECTION B: PRESERVES AND COOKING
3 eggs (Not 4); 1 cracked into a saucer
Marmalade; the rules on lids have been relaxed
Jam/Jelly; as long as the seal is hygienic and
Lemon Curd; prevents bacteria.
3 scones, plain; any style of cutter is allowed
3 scones, fruit; any style of cutter is allowed
3 scones, savoury; any style of cutter is allowed
5 biscuits, sweet; any style of cutter is allowed
5 biscuits, savoury; any style of cutter is allowed
Victoria sponge; Should state 2 or 3 egg mixture. Should only have icing sugar sprinkled on top and be filled with raspberry jam.
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
This year we have not specified a recipe so you can use your old family favourite one instead.